Welcome!

Welcome TRIUMPH Fans!

Come rest at Harborlily Creative - an oasis for travelers on this journey called life. This is a place to be refreshed, renewed and inspired. A CREATIVE and cathartic zone promoting inspiration and creativity in others.

Click here to "Like" us on facebook!


Saturday, March 25, 2017

Going Green


  Perhaps it's been a while since I've shared a story about my inventive, caring...walking a bit on the wild side, 6 year-old daughter, Evie. 

  This girl makes me laugh and typically melts my heart when she isn't making me gasp or brush the cold trickle of sweat away before it runs all the way down my neck as soon as she opens her mouth.  I've heard her described as "a favorite!"  I've been told she has no filter.  I've also received a note home from her teacher, informing me of the method she allows in the classroom for Evie to stand up and work when she just needs to dance and wiggle.  I LOVE Mrs. Green and her approach! 

    In this blog post I want to honor my daughter's free spirit and delight in her exceptionally creative mind with these 2 brief Highlights:

Millie
No pinches!
Last Friday was St. Patrick's Day and I was in a rush to get to school.  All the kids except Evie had left the house.  I was trying to prod her into slinging on her back pack when she voiced her concern.  "But Mom, Millie isn't wearing any green!  What if she gets pinched?"   I looked over at our 3 year-old
chocolate lab and mused about the tradition of getting pinched if you don't wear green on St. Patty's Day.  "Well, hon, if you look close enough you can see green specks in her eyes."  It was a lame attempt I know, but I was in a hurry.  I grabbed my backpack and hers and turned around to see her holding on to Millie.  "C'mon Evie," I called to her, "she'll be alright."  She hurried out the door while explaining, "Millie will be alright cuz I tucked a big green leaf in her collar, now no one will pinch her!"  Now why didn't I think of that?

I really don't need to be wordy for this next pictured moment...

I'll just tell you I was laying in Evie's bed while tucking her in on St. Patrick's Day night and looked over to see this about 3 feet from my face...

This girl takes her holidays seriously.  If you look closely you can see the sparkle of glitter lip gloss...much to my husbands horror and my hilarity.  The "lucky" deer mount was just sitting in the closet across the hallway.  I guess Evie decided to rescue it and make it more festive.  And that little white "dot" on the sparkly hat- that's a cut-out heart, made with love by Evie.

  There is brilliance and fantastic imagination that runs rampant in my little girl's mind.  I will love and celebrate her unique approach to life and thank God for gifting me with reminders to think outside the status quo and find joy in ideas I wouldn't have thought of on my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment