Welcome!

Welcome TRIUMPH Fans!

Come rest at Harborlily Creative - an oasis for travelers on this journey called life. This is a place to be refreshed, renewed and inspired. A CREATIVE and cathartic zone promoting inspiration and creativity in others.

Click here to "Like" us on facebook!


Thursday, April 5, 2012

Multitasking Mama (by Sarah Grady Wingerter)

Harborlily Creative welcomes our next guest blogger, Sarah Grady Wingerter. A military wife and mother of four, Sarah will be sharing  her wit and poigniant insights with us from her "home base" of South Korea. Please welcome her, give thanks for the sacrifice she and her entire family are making for our country, and offer your support in the way of comments, etc. to help Sarah stay connected with all of you. Welcome Sarah!

While pregnant with my first, I proudly announced to my sister that I was not only talking with her on the phone, I was also sewing!  "I'm multitasking!  This is important for motherhood." To which she replied, "Multitasking is a weak motherhood trait."

I pondered this years later while making dinner, nursing the baby, chatting on the phone and bathing the older children, while chewing gum!  So if multitasking is a weak trait, what's a strong one?

 All of this I am writing from a hillside cottage just outside the concrete jungles of South Korea.  Why am I here?  I'm here on a mission.  That mission -- wife and mother.

Uncle Sam gave my husband orders to come here for one year and the children and I weren't on them.  So, what's a girl to do?  I tucked my three children under my arms, and along with my preborn wombmate, secured passports and visas, hitchhiked on a military hop and landed in our new home for the year.

I may have given up a lot; a support network, familiar surroundings, a dishwasher -- but what I have is greater.  I have my family, together.  I may or may not have "strong motherhood traits," but my motherhood has made ME strong and, I have the most important thing -- love.

Cheers to God's great gift of motherhood!  So go hug your man, all your little lambs and bring a rose to Our Great Mother.  And if you can multitask, you can do them all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment