Welcome!

Welcome TRIUMPH Fans!

Come rest at Harborlily Creative - an oasis for travelers on this journey called life. This is a place to be refreshed, renewed and inspired. A CREATIVE and cathartic zone promoting inspiration and creativity in others.

Click here to "Like" us on facebook!


Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Peanuts In The Pews...

  This past Sunday I was standing for the closing song of Mass with my three youngest children.  As "Hark the Herald Angels Sing " was piped from the organ and the congregation sang its farewell to the Christmas season I was surprised by the verve with which my eight-year-old son joined in with "GLORY tooo the newborn King."  I was further amazed when my four-year-old joined in with equal gusto, "Peace on Earrrrth and mercy mild."   My heart swelled as I thought, "Finally, they're getting it!"  I could not believe they were singing...let alone getting the words correct without even seeing the verses in front of them!  Before I could fully process my joy in the moment my mouth went slack with glee or perhaps absolute astonishment when my ten-year-old leaned his head in to join his siblings as they all bellowed "God and sinner reconciiiiiled."  My amazement morphed into an exasperated yet irrepressible amusement as the congregation paused to breathe before the next verse and my four-year-old daughter, Evie, shouted "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!"

  Well...that certainly explains a lot...My children had been fascinated with the Charlie Brown Christmas book their Bushia (Polish for Grandma) had bought them.  It came complete with interactive sound buttons throughout...Including the verses, picture of the scrawny, little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the back, and the button to push that had the Peanuts gang singing this very song.  

  All these years of encouraging interaction and participation in the Mass...and Charlie Brown could accomplish that?  Hey...Joyful, all ye nations rise!  This is fantastic.  Join the triumph of the skies!  My kids were singing and with angelic host they proclaimed..."Christ is born in Bethlehem!"

   It's all good.  Mr. Charles M. Schulz, you were one wise man!

No comments:

Post a Comment